Name: Sasha Jovanovic
Title: Managing Partner
Organisation: Change Maker
Sasha is a leader of strategic and transformative change.
His mission is to effect sustainable change as the key enabler to overcoming challenges of the emerging economy.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Sasha's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Single-mindedness from peers who are not open to seeing an alternate perspective and bulldoze forward with their own opinions
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I firstly started as an entrepreneur, which is great because you’re ready to do all the work, you are close to the customer experience and there’s very little ego in the game.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Early to bed, early to rise, family focus at the top and tail of the day with work happening in between.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
You’re great ideas may not be what’s required because you’re likely thinking 10 curves ahead of where your organization or customer is at and in need of a very rudimentary and immediate need.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Good to Great by Jim Collin’s because it delves into the magic sauce of what makes a company break through.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be and stay genuine
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
So many meaningful stories, far too long for this submission format.