437 Relatable Depression Quotes That Capture How You Feel
1. Please remember that having a bad day does not mean you have – or will have – a bad life.
2. A child's mental health is just as important as their physical health and deserves the same quality of support. No one would feel embarrassed about seeking help for a child if they broke their arm. — Kate Middleton
3. If sometimes all you want is for someone to acknowledge just how difficult struggling with depression is, then here’s your acknowledgement. We understand, and we’re proud of you for not giving up.
4. That’s the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it’s impossible to ever see the end.” – Elizabeth Wurtzel, Prozac Nation
5. Depression is like a heavy blanket. It covers all of me, and it’s hard to get up. But there’s comfort in it too. I know who I am when I’m under it. – Unknown
6. She hurts and she cries. But you can't see the depression in her eyes. Because she just smiles...
7. So you try to think of someone else you're mad at, and the unavoidable answer pops into your little warped brain: everyone.
8. “Depression isn’t just being a bit sad. It’s feeling nothing. It’s not wanting to be alive anymore."
9. There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.
10. In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people.” ― Judy Garland
11. All your quirks and all your problems - even your depressions and your failures - that's what makes you you.
12. When you're lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you've just wandered off the path, that you'll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and it's time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don't even know from which direction the sun rises anymore.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
13. I tend to get pretty depressed and I have some issues with anxiety and things like that ... For me, it's more psychological. Exercise is a means of expelling those demons.. — Ryan Reynolds
14. When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be even lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anybody or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.
15. Being imperfect doesn’t mean you’re unworthy. It means you’re human.
16. Every thought is a battle. Every breath is a war, and I don’t think I’m winning anymore.”
I don't want any more of this try, try again stuff. I just want out. I've had it. I am so tired. I am twenty and I am already exhausted."