Name: Abdulrasheed Bello
Title: Backend developer and tutor
Organisation: Mirza Ghulam Qadir shaheed ITLab and research center
My Name is Abdulrasheed Bello, a student of civil engineering, software developer, and a graphics designer
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Abdulrasheed's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Taking tough decisions
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I was just being myself, always trying to put people before myself, then I was elected to be the governor for MGQS Cohort 1
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I wake up by 5am to say my midnight prayer, say my morning prayer by 5:45am, prepare for work from 6:30am to 7am,I resume as an intern in my workplace by 8am,I say prayer by 2pm and also 4pm,I close at work by 5pm,get home by 6:15pm say my prayer by 7pm and do some project between 7 and 8pm before I say my prayer and continue my work then night out.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Selflessness and seeking for other people opinion
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Think Big - Ben Carson
You can always achieve anything you set you mind to
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be selfless and proactive
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Always think about others, the goodness will always come back to you