Name: David Aguoru
Organisation: Kuradoushiti Tech
I'm a Geographic Information Systems analyst, Software engineer and the CEO of my own firm.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Dr. David's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Getting the fail-proof plan
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I became a leader through multiple trail and error, but basically, it all started from my interest in sports in high school and leading my sprint team to victory.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Get in bed at most 8 pm and wake 2 am
from 2 am to 6 am enough time to prep for the day and engage in personal development.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Every time you break your principle for whatever reason- usually a sentimental one, you will be reminded why it existed by your results.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
First Things First by Stephen R. Covey.
It helped me identify the difference between important and urgent.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Stay true to the basics and focus on what's important.